Friday, December 28, 2007

First shawl done!

Here it is! Handspun BFL on my Little Gem in Amore from Flawful Fibers. The shawl is the Swallowtail from the fall '06 IK. I'm posting these pictures of it blocking, because my camera just broke so that's probably all I'll have for a while...sigh. I love it though and am very proud of it. Oh and the second pic is without flash to show off the beads which are instead of the nupps. :) There are also some you can barely see in the points on the edging, I added them there too in between the yarnovers.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Truly beautiful. The beads, the knitting, the spinning, the color...everything.

Monika said...

It's beautiful! I like the beads instead of the nubs!

BAAbins said...

Wow! This turned out great! Thanks for the inspiration!

Necia said...

It's stunning!

Necia

Hattie said...

Thanks guys! I love it to pieces! I just unpinned it too and it's a good size so I'm even more thrilled lol.

Margaret said...

Love the beads in place of nupps! It's lovely!

Shay said...

"I am not worthy...."

Shay said...

"I am not worthy...."

mel said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful spinning and knitting and I love your idea of the beads instead of nupps - it adds the perfect amount of sparkle!