Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Another shawl...

I had so much fun doing one, thought I'd do another. I'm further than this. I love the yarn and the colors, and just everything! This was four ounces of south african fine roving in the color Cornucopia from Pigeonroof Studios on etsy. I was practicing getting a thicker yarn, so this is more of a fingering weight at 467 or so yards. Here are some pics of it all.

On the bobbin after plying, this is the best picture of the color.In the skein.A detail shot...
Start of the shawl:
I'm actually a lot further than this now that I look at it...it's the Forest Canopy shawl on size 8 needles, so it's flying by! I can't wait to finish it though.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

It's going to be beautiful!

BAAbins said...

I absolutely love the colors! I can't wait to see the shawl finished! Keep up the great work!

Tracy said...

Beautiful color. It will make a great looking shawl.